Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls

Okay, for me, a snack has to be healthy (I didn't say a dessert has to be healthy), easy to grab, and filling. These are perfect. My kids love them and so do we. I got the original recipe online, but then I added a couple ingredients.



Peanut Butter Balls



2-3 cups Rice Krispies

1 1/2 c oatmeal

1 1/2 c powdered milk (NOT breastmilk unless it is in powdered form)

2-3 T ground flaxseed

1 c peanut butter

1 c honey

2 t vanilla




Stir dry ingredients and then stir in the rest. Form into 1" balls and refrigerate in a tupperware container. (Do not bake)

2 comments:

  1. if you could market powdered breastmilk, you'd be a millionaire!! :) i love your version of this recipe - will be giving it a try. thanks for sharing your secret ingredients!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK girl, I am so excited to try this recipe. AWESOME. I am always on the lookout for healthy snacks for the kids! We quit eating sugar about 2 months ago and it's hard to find good recipes that don't have it! I will definitely try this one!

    xo

    ReplyDelete