Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Why is this cow smiling???? Well, he shouldn't be. Read on:
Okay, one of my fellow "peeps" named Rebecca started this blog carnival to post thrifty ideas on Thursdays. And, since I LOVE to save money (I really do, more than I love shopping. In fact, I don't even like to shop.) I thought I would participate. Here is my "thrifty 2 cents":

If you shop at Meijer (and even if you normally don't) and your family eats ground beef/chuck/sirloin, buy it between 7:45 and 8:00 pm. This is when all the ground beef/chuck/sirloin is marked down to 99 cents a pound. That's right, even the ground sirloin which is normally $4.99/pound is going to cost you 99 cents. Go to the meat counter and if there is no one there, ask; sometimes they package it and still sell if for that price. I don't find it every night so when I do, I stock up. By the way, this is for my Meijer (Maysville Rd). I don't know if all the Meijers do this or not.

By the way, after 7:45, all the deli meat that has been sliced is also on sale for 40% off. They package it and put it next to the deli counter.

So I never pay more than 99 cents for meat anymore and always get 40% off my lunchmeat.
If you are like me, you get this "high" whenever you save money, use a coupon, or get a great deal. Maybe next Thursday, I'll share some more of my thrifty ideas. And if you want to share some ideas of your own, leave them in the comment section or on your own blog and link the post to Rebecca's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas Tara!! I love the smiling cow!Amazing how you got him to do that!! Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is freaky! I literally JUMPED back when that come up on my screen!! Thanks for the tips. I'll have to check it out at MY Meijer.
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara! Go here to create an e-mail notification option: https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=feedburner&continue=http%3A%2F%2Ffeedburner.google.com%2Ffb%2Fa%2Fmyfeeds&gsessionid=fymrgkRikOzckZkadDXS5A

    It used to be hosted by feedburner, but it appears Google has taken over!

    Hope this helps!

    cm

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK the cow picture... seriously. :)

    That is a REALLY good tip on the meat! We don't have Meijer here, but I wonder if my local grocery stores do something similar?? I should check at the meat counter!

    Do you think you'll now be fighting crowds at 7:45 at Meijer?? And you'll have to claw your way to the front to get the 99 cent sirloin?? You may regret publicizing this tip. :) Heehee.

    xoxo
    R

    ReplyDelete