Sunday, August 23, 2009

Not My Child Monday




Back by popular request... (okay, not really, but I know my mom likes reading these anyway):

It was not MY newly-turned 4-year-old who said, "But boogers are yummy" when I told her that "boogers are yucky so get your finger out of your nose." That's disgusting and none of my children would ever say that, think that, or (worse yet) do that.

It is not this same child (famous for her "not my child moments") who eats her vegetables only if we say (and we have to look mean when we say it), "You better not eat those lima beans..."

And it was certainly not my 4 1/2 year old who yesterday looked under my arm at my "underarm stubble" and declared, "Mommy dirty." No, that would never happen around here.

It was not my 1-year-old who came tumbling, roly-poly style, down the entire flight of stairs this morning. No, I always remember to close the baby gates around here, so those things just don't happen.

And it is not this toddler who, during his diaper changes, wiggles and flips over, tantruming at the top of his lungs, mad that he is being confined. No, he is grateful when he gets a clean diaper and lays perfectly still, smiling as he coos, "thanks, mom."

And last but not least, it was not my 7-year-old who asked "just how exactly does the seed get planted into a mommy for a baby to grow in her belly?" No, she's too young to ask those kinds of questions.


Anyone else out there have any "not my child moments" lately that you wish to share? Feel free to leave them as a comment so we can all enjoy reading what "didn't" happen.












5 comments:

  1. Tara--I can't stop laughing!! You need to write a book--and that could be just on Kate. ha ha. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Such cute moments. Your children are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! :) If I could remember any of this kind of stuff, I could do my own Not My Child post. However, my brain is full to overflowing and i can't bring these things to mind when I need to! ha ha!

    Love
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, here's one. It was not my 7-year-old who said, during a moment of discomfort and panic,"Mom, I feel exactly like I've been smoking tobacco!!" (yes, her dad is a lung specialist who has given her the smoking talk about 1000x!!!)

    anyway, your post is too funny. especially the one about the boogers. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete