Saturday, April 25, 2009

Revealed for the first time: our famous cookie recipe

So many people (okay 3) have asked for this recipe that I thought I'd just post it on my blog. This recipe came from Chad's uncle and we tweaked it a little to get it just right. We are famous for these! (okay, not exactly famous, but most people seem to like them)


Chad's Uncle's Cookies (Tweaked)


2 eggs

1 cup crisco shortening-the kind in the tub in the baking aisle (not butter or margarine)

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

1 t vanilla***

1. Mix the above well.

2. Stir in 2 cups flour and stir.

3. Add:

2 cups raw oats

6 oz (only half a bag) of chocolate chips (or butterscotch chips)

4. Bake for approx. 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

5. Eat half the batch and then confess the sin (that's what I do anyway).


Click here to view this recipe in printable form. (just kidding; I don't know how to do that)


***May substitute 1 t breastmilk (expressed) for the vanilla if you are feeling adventerous. No, I've never done this and then given you my cookies to eat. Never. Well, probably never.

It looks like Ava likes the cookies, right?








4 comments:

  1. Okay, I have a cookie recipe from you that we love, but this isn't it. :o)

    The other one is completely breast milk free though. That was not even listed as an optional ingredient. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally crack me up. And the cookies, are to die for. I will be getting the ingredients for these tomorrow.

    By the way, can I borrow some breast milk??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another example of the Bruckner humor!! The cookies do sound good though----Love, Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha! Tara, you are so incredibly funny. Your kids are so lucky...all my kids get for a treat are whole wheat almond honey cookies because MOMMY has to watch her refined carb intake. Hey, it's good for them too, right?

    ReplyDelete